You may borrow up to 10 items on your card at a time, but only 4 in one call number area. The circulation period is one week. If an item is very popular the loan period may change. Materials may be renewed at the discretion of the Library Staff and if no one else has placed a hold on the item. If you are interested in an item that is currently checked out, you can place an electronic 'Hold Request' from the item record level in the OPAC, or by letting a Library Assistant know. Once that item is available, you will be notified. This system ensures that you will be next in line for that item. Any books taken out of the Library / LRC building must first be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
Copies of most required course textbooks plus other high-demand materials are held in the Reserve Collection located behind the Circulation Desk. Reserve items may be checked out from the circulation desk for a 2 hour loan period and are to be used in the Library/LRC only. As long as an item is signed out under your name you are responsible for it. Therefore, please return all Reserve items to the Library Desk after use so as not to incure further charges if an item should go missing.
Journals and Reference
These materials are for in library use only.
B&W copies are $.25 EC each side.
Color copies are $1.00 EC each side.
No charge for copying to a thumb drive.
Library Staff will copy your items for you.
Fines are $3.00 EC p/day p/item. Fines in excess of $20.00 EC may result in your library privileges being suspended until payment is made.
- Please do not re-shelve books, the library staff will do this for you.
- Please do not write or highlight in the library books.
- Lost or damaged library materials will be charged for.
- A quiet study atmosphere must be maintained at all times.
- Food is not allowed in the library.
- Beverages must be in a spill-proof (sealed mug or water bottle).
- Please turn cell phones off or on vibrate when in the library.
- Only take phone calls outside the building.
- Rudeness, disrespect and foul language will not be tolerated.
- Leave belongings in the library at your own risk.
- We are not responsible for theft or damage of personal possesions.
- Library staff reserve the right to search patrons bags at any time.
- Please remember that use of the library is a revocable privilege.